Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, October 2, 2011

I Started on World Cardmaking Day...



What's ridiculous is that there is no coloring on this card AND I'd already drawn up the sketch a few days ago, but this card still took me into today, the day after World Cardmaking Day!

I picked up some Me & My Big Ideas breast cancer patterned paper for a project and decided I couldn't just let it rot in my paper collection, especially since I kept reading about Link Up for Pink! I drew the bird in my artist buddy Ernesto Cuevas's style. (I didn't forget after all these years! Yes, the bottom should be longer and pointier...) And I used a great sentiment from TLC Creations.

There really is something to be said about staying positive and believing that something good is coming in the midst of bad things. As some of you know, a young (20 when diagnosed) family member of mine recently underwent treatment for osteosarcoma. She was sad and missed her friends, but she stayed her happy self overall. Thankfully, she's had a couple of clean scans and is back in college!

Someone who may need your help to stay positive during the next few months is Betty from Simply Betty Stamps. If you haven't read her post about her son, it's here. I'm sure something big will pop up for her family in the next few days. We crafters are pretty awesome and like to help each other out in rough times...  :D

This card will be linked to Yolie, Celeste, and Gaby's Link Up for Pink and TLC's weekend mini-blog hop.

**Something that's helping me be positive right now is the fact that The Outlawz 1000 Member Party is less than 24 hours away! We're having challenges, games, and blog hop and more! We have great prizes, too, including one $100 GC to Oozak and another to SCACD!

Words With Oozak

25 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and I just love that you used pattern paper on the bird shape!

    Thank you for linking up! I can hardly wait to see your next project...there's plenty of time to link up! :)
    Yolie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Trina
    Thanks for linking up with us @ LUFP ~Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card ...
    The patterned bird is just awesome..
    lovely pink :)

    Kalindi
    http://craftingaberrigines.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful... and that sentiment is fantastic!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow....beautiful card, love what you did with the dove!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trina, beautiful card, your sentiment just blends to make this heavenly, love, love it.

    Hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey girlie - this is gorgeous! LOVE the design and the dove cutout and what better than to pair it with one of Paulette's best! I'm so happy that your cousin is doing better and is back in the swing of things...that's wonderful news!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog this morning and leaving some love over there -your visit really made me smile and meant so much to me! Hope you are well~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Thank you so much for linking up with us for Link Up for Pink;

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card. Love the birdie. Stopping in with LUFP. New follower ;)

    Be Blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, I also like the bird

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome card, Trina!!! I love that bird.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card... I love how you used the DP with the bird die.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely fabulous!! I got the candy today! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! I think your bird is fine! Hope your fam
    Member does well. And thanks for letting me know about Betty - I don't follow her blog but I've bought a couple of her stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card and even lovelier verse

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this card and the sentiment is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Is this the flyer I need? I posted the blue flyer on my blog? Thanks! Leah Ann

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card and such a wonderful sentiment. Saw you on the list at Linkup For Pink

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stopping by from the LUFP. I love your card and the story behind it. Thanks for sharing. The bird and sentiment are perfect!!! TFS.

    Christel
    http://onescrappinsista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just wanted to let you know you are one of our winners for LUFP. Check my blog in about an hour to see what you have won.
    Celeste
    www.touchedbyabutterfly.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your time & the love! ;D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...