Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Boo Me!

Eesh... I've become, like, the worst blogger lately. So sorry to all my new followers who must think I barely ever update this blog! I'll do better! :D

I'm trying to post this quickly since I should have done this one yesterday... A new sketch is up at The Outlawz! It looks like this:


And this is what I made:  (Sorry, not edited yet...)

This card was made for my bf's family; a very special member of the family recently passed away. Her favorite color was purple, and I went with that because I didn't want the card to feel dreary. The image is from A Day for Daisies, and the paper is from Cosmo Cricket's Pixie-liscious line. I used another one of the pages for the inside.


The poem is from a spreadsheet full of sentiments that's available on Splitcoast Stampers.

Okay, that's about it for this one. Oh, if you have a dollar or two (or twenty), please consider sponsoring my bf in an upcoming walk for March of Dimes. If you do, let him know you're one of my buddies! ;D  Thanks!

Challenges (This feels wrong, but I miss challenges...): Papertake Weekly - Dimension, My Partner in Crafting Crime - Layer it Up, Dream Valley Challenges - Things with Wings, Stampin' Sisters in Christ - #84 Mark 15:17 (I'm not sure if I have enough purple, but I always love reading the challenges here!), Bearly Mine Challenges - #8 Inside Out

13 comments:

  1. Trina, love it!! Love that wonderfully colored image, love those papers! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh such a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply gorgeous Trina - love those papers and that image!!! Love the loopy circled frame you gave her and the sentiment is just beautiful...made me get a bit teary ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just lovely and know it'll be appreciated very much! Love the colors and a perfect image and poem.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trina, this card is gorgeous. I love that image. Did you pop it up or did you do the shading with your markers? Either way, it looks fab. And the sentiment inside is perfect.

    On a different topic, thanks for letting me know that I won at SSW. I'm so goofy; I enter challenges and sometimes take a few days to check the blog to see who won. I get caught up in other stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely card- the colours and design are beautiful, soothing and gentle but definitely not dreary :)
    Thanks for sharing with us at My Partner In Crafting Crime this time!! :)
    hugs, Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trina, this a very precious card! You did a great job on it, especially the coloring. Don't fret the challenge thing. I think this is quite appropriate for the SSIC, and just think of how many bloggers are now thinking of your bf & family at this time of sorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a really lovely card! Soft and pretty. Just right for SSIC. :-) Thanks so much for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! I love this color combo.


    ~Cheryl~


    **Check out my Meljen’s Designs blog candy!**

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous card for sad situation - great job!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Papertake Weekly.
    Good luck
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so cute! What a lovely colours you have used…………… Thanks for joining us at BMD.....

    Hugs
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card!! Such pretty colors and I love that it has such a peaceful feel for a sympathy card. Hugs, Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card Trina. Of course I love the colors. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your time & the love! ;D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...