Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, April 9, 2012

Hello There!

Just wanted to say hey to all you who follow my blog! There are some new faces over there, and I'd like to thank all of you for visiting when you do!

The other day (Sat), I made my first card box. A friend of my mother came over and bought some of my cards, but this card wouldn't fit into an envelope because of the big puffy flower on the front. Good ol' Splitcoast Stampers and its awesome resource section to the rescue! The first box was too short for the hanging leaf on the card which then led me to have to do some math and finagling to make a box that would work. Here's what I came up with:

Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish Die, EK Success Flower Power punch, MS border and butterfly punch


I had to add that yellow paper to cover up the big gap I had when I changed the dimensions of the back. And those pearls were used to cover a bad score line! :D

*Challenges: Cheery Lynn Designs - Think Spring, The Squirrel and the Fox - Things with Wings,
Scrapper's Delight - Spring has Sprung, Creative Monday Challenge - Anything But a Card

15 comments:

  1. Hi Trina! Congrats on selling your cards! What a pretty box you made! I love the color combo and the flowers and butterfly! I never think to do this - it's a much nicer presentation than a manilla padded envie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Trina... even with all your snafu's making this, it turned out beautifully...they say there's no mistake in art! lol Congrats on selling some cards... good excuse to hit the craft store! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I love and want that flourish die. This card is so bright and happy! I am impressed at your ability to change the dimensions on the box. I can never do that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card box and cover up job on the boo boo's. I do that too, add things to cover up tiny mistakes. Love the bright spring colors too.
    Thanks for joining in on the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs.
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's gorgeous - what would we do without the web? I often go to Splitcoast for "help" :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mz. Trina, this is beautiful! I love that flourish diecut. Thanks for joining us for the Scrapper's Delights challenge. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, wow. Thanks for joining us at scrappers delight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want one! This is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card Trina! Love the puffy butterfly! Thank you so much for joining us at Scrapper's Delights this week! HUGS

    Kim
    SD DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. great job girl! Love the fresh Springy feel t to this. This reminds me... U have made a few card boxes before with some cards in them as gifts. Hmmm I had almost forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is so cute, I think those little flowers are so sweet!!

    Thanks for playing along with us at The Squirrel and The Fox!

    Hugs,
    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at Cheery Lynn designs this week!
    Love from France, Kianel.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your time & the love! ;D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...